Eating seaweed salad may boost the efficacy of vaccinations and help treat cold sores, herpes, Epstein-Barr virus, and shingles.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
What else can seaweed salad do (other than tasting yummy)? See Wakame Seaweed Salad May Lower Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/wakame-seaweed-salad-may-lower-blood-pressure).
In general sea vegetables are good sources of iodine (Iodine Supplements Before, During, and After Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/iodine-supplements-before-during-and-after-pregnancy/)) and may be one reason Japanese women have historically had such low rates of breast cancer (Which Seaweed is Most Protective Against Breast Cancer?(http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-seaweed-is-most-protective-against-breast-cancer/)).
What else can we do to boost our immunity? Check out:
• Using the Produce Aisle to Boost Immune Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/using-the-produce-aisle-to-boost-immune-function/)
• Preserving Athlete Immunity with Chlorella (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preserving-athlete-immunity-with-chlorella-2/)
• Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preserving-immune-function-in-athletes-with-nutritional-yeast/)
• Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-green-tea-for-boosting-antiviral-immune-function)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-boost-your-immune-system-with-wakame-seaweed and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-boost-your-immune-system-with-wakame-seaweed. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image credit: mroach via flickr. Image has been modified.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org
Watch On YouTube