Why the current Recommended Daily Allowance for vitamin B12 may be insufficient, and what the optimal dosage is.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is the second in a 5-video series on B12. Stay tuned for:
• Healthiest Food Sources of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/healthiest-food-sources-of-vitamin-B12)
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Kids, Pregnancy, and Seniors (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-optimal-vitamin-B12-dosage-for-children-pregnancy-and-seniors)
• The Best Type of Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-type-of-vitamin-B12-cyanocobalamin-or-methylcobalamin)
If you missed the first video, check out The Symptoms of Vitamin B21 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-symptoms-of-vitamin-B12-deficiency).
You can find all of these videos in a digital download here (https://drgreger.org/collections/downloads/products/b12-recommendations-digital), along with two additional videos that will be coming out in a few months.
My new recommendations are updated on my Optimum Nutrition Recommendations (https://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/) page.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-optimal-vitamin-b12-dosage-for-adults and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-optimal-vitamin-b12-dosage-for-adults. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org
Watch On YouTube